The 2017 Scholarship Season is closed.
Visit this site again in early 2018 to apply for next year.
Good luck to all of our scholars and thanks to our generous donors who support them!
If you want to set up a scholarship fund, these are items to consider:
There are many criteria that can be considered when designing a scholarship award. In order to make sure the scholarship can be administered efficiently and continue to be useful over time, we encourage you to choose only those very few that are essential. The Community Foundation will work with you to determine the best way to implement your scholarship in accordance with your interests, and reserves the right to change the criteria, always guided by your original purpose, if they become irrelevant or difficult to administer.
Sample Scholarship Agreement
Possible Eligibility or Selection Criteria
- Resident of a specific geographic area
- Graduate of a specific high school
- Attend a certain type of institution (e.g., two-year, four-year, technical, accredited community college, etc.)
- Intend to pursue a specific course of study.
- Minimum high school grade point average (on a scale of 4.0)
- Full time or part time enrollment
- Proficient in a particular area such as art, music, or writing
- Community or volunteer service
- Meet specific age, gender, or culture requirements (within legal boundaries)
Possible Types of Information to be Requested as Part of Application
- School/community activities
- Job or volunteer history
- Family financial documents
- FAFSA documents
Possible Basis for the Award
- Merit only
- Financial need only
- Merit and financial need
Frequency of Renew-ability of the Award
- One-time award
- Renewable based on predetermined criteria for a set number of years
- Eligible to reapply and compete with field
Possible Ways of Determining Size of the Award
- Minimum award as determined by donor
- Maximum award tied to a percentage of the tuition
- Variable; determined by the dollars available divided by the number of recipients
- Graduated amounts for first, second, etc. recipients
Possible Allowable Uses of Award By Student
- Undergraduate school expenses
- Graduate school expenses
- Tuition only
- Tuition, room and board, and/or books and related expenses
- First year expenses only
- Expenses any year